Chiropractic may very well be one of the least understood philosophies of life and health. There are many reasons why people choose to go to a chiropractor. The majority of reasons seem to revolve around neck pain, back pain, headaches, and some other symptoms. While chiropractic can be used when symptoms are present, there is so much more to it than that. If you are using it only for symptom relief you are really only receiving about 1% of the benefits it has to offer you. At McGinn Chiropractic we also focus on the other 99% - your performance and LIFE.

It is based upon a few very simple ideas.

The body is designed with an inborn ability to maintain itself in a state of proper function. A newborn baby may seem small, fragile and helpless, but within that body is the ability to make food into living tissue, to heal cuts and bruises, to adapt to changes in the environment, to produce the chemicals necessary to perform every bodily function, to fight off invading organisms, to live as much as 100 or more years, in short, to lead a healthy, productive life.

The brain and nerve system are the primary tools by which we attain proper function, what we commonly call health. Every organ, gland and cell in the body depends upon messages carried to and from the brain in order to function in a coordinated manner so that each part can benefit the whole of the body producing a full and abundant life.

Interference in the nerve system reduces the body's ability to function in a coordinated manner. While a corpse has a brain and nerve system, it does not have life; there is no power or energy flowing over the nerve system. Similarly, a paralyzed person has lost function due to injury to the nerve system. Even slight damage to the delicate and vital nerve system can reduce the body's ability to function at its fullest potential.

A spinal misalignment that interferes with the nerve system (called a Vertebral Subluxation) creates a reduction in coordinated function. Slight misalignments of the bones of the spine caused by everyday, common activities can interfere with the ability of the nerve system to carry messages that are necessary for the successful accomplishment of those everyday activities, not the least of which is the attainment of maximum health.

Chiropractors correct Vertebral Subluxations the single objective of the chiropractor is to locate and correct vertebral subluxation in adults and children so that families and entire communities are able to express life at a higher level.

If you and your family are not seeing a chiropractor regularly, you are not doing all you should for your life and health.


Chiropractic Explained

 The positive symptomatic results experienced by millions are what has made Chiropractic the largest drugless healing art in the world. As the public has experienced, countless conditions resolved when, through Chiropractic, the healing power of the body is unleashed. Yet there is more to it!

Could it be that Chiropractic is more than providing care for back and neck problems? Is it possible that it is more than assisting the healing process from various aches, pains, symptoms, sickness or diseases?

Could we be shortchanging ourselves by utilizing Chiropractic care in those limited ways?

Chiropractic is also about deepening the inner connection to one’s essence. It is not about feeling less by numbing symptoms. To the contrary it is about feeling more and being more aware and alive. It is about experiencing life fully. It is about healing and feeling. Ultimately it is about Quality of Life!

What is Chiropractic?